“Dry Fruits , Nuts & Seeds”
Do you know the difference between:
(i) Dry Fruits
Earlier I used to think that Almonds, Dates, Walnuts, Raisins, Cashew, Figs etc are all Dry fruits, but I was wrong. Most of us eat Cashews with Dates, and Almonds with Raisins, no doubt these combinations are delicious but they are digestive disasters, you are bound to have digestion problem eating like that. Such combinations are not good for health.
The following is the classification of Dry Fruits, Nuts & Seeds :-
The fruits which have been dried e.g. Dates, Raisins, Figs, Apricots, Prunes etc
Nuts are thick shelled fruits of trees. e.g. Almonds, Walnuts, Pistachios, Cashews, Coconut, Peanuts etc.
Seeds are the same as nuts in nutritive value e.g. Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds, Sesame seeds (Til), Watermelon seeds, Muskmelon seeds etc.
Now the main question and my topic to tell you is :
Can Dry Fruits and Nuts/Seeds be eaten together ? The answer is a clear “NO”……”NO” and everybody asks Why ? So here’s the answer :-
1. Dry Fruits (like fruits) are sweet foods – and the most ideal source of carbohydrates – loaded with the right sugars as energy for the body.
2. Nuts and Seeds are protein – fat foods, (as they contain oil).
3. When mixed and eaten together fermentation occurs. The sugars of the sweet fruits are “pre-digested” and require no breaking down, since they are in their simplest form. Digestion gets delayed when mixed with protein/fat, resulting in decay.
4. Nuts should never be eaten for breakfast. This is cleansing time for the body. Breakfast should be supported by only fruits.
5. Nuts and Seeds can be eaten with Greens or Vegetable salads (Non starchy foods).
6. Dry Fruits can be eaten as snacks and distinct Fruit meals—alone. Should not be mixed with anything.
7. Note: Peanuts are legumes. They are good if eaten as Peanut butter or Peanut milk.